Conflict Resolution Essentials
Managing conflict is a critical yet often underrated managerial skill. Dealing with conflict in the workplace is important whatever the size of the organisation. If issues are left unchecked or unresolved it can lead to absenteeism, lost production, attrition and even legal action.
Learning to manage and resolve conflict is a key skill for anyone who communicates directly with customers, works in a team or is a managerial role or supervisory role. Resolving interpersonal conflict can be empowering and should be a part of everyone’s personal development.
Conflict Resolution Essentials.
At the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Understand the conflict resolution process.
- Create an effective atmosphere.
- Create Mutual understanding.
- Get to the root cause of the conflict.
- Generate options &
and much much more
Conflict Resolution has a vitally important place in both business and personal development. This K S Training short course will empower you with systems and strategies that will allow you to resolve conflict through negotiation, assertiveness and persuasion.
Session 1: An Introduction to Conflict Resolution.
- What is Conflict?
- What is Conflict Resolution?
- Understanding the Conflict Resolution Process
Session 2: Things you must know, do and be.
Session 3: Creating an Effective Atmosphere.
- Neutralising Emotions
- Setting Ground Rules
- Choosing the Time and Place
Session 4: Creating Mutual Understanding
- What Do I Want?
- What Do They Want?
- What Do We Want?
Session 5: Focusing on Individual Needs.
- Finding Common Ground
- Building Positive Energy and Goodwill
- Strengthening Your Partnership
Session 6: Getting to the Root Cause.
- Examining Root Causes
Creating a Cause and Effect Diagram
- The Importance of Forgiveness
- Identifying the Benefits of Resolution
Session 7: Generating Options.
- Generate, Don”t Evaluate
- Creating Mutual Gain Options and Multiple Option Solutions
- Digging Deeper into Your Options
Session 8: Building a Solution.
- Creating Criteria
- Creating a Shortlist
- Choosing a Solutions
Session 9: The Short Version of the Process.
- Evaluating the Situation
- Choosing Your Steps
- Creating an Action Plan
- Using Individual Process Steps
Session 10: Additional Tools.
- Stress and Anger Management Techniques
- The Agreement Frame
- Asking Open Questions
- Small classes.
- Course material.
- Live online & interactive.
- Certificate of completion.
Enquiries email firstname.lastname@example.org
Conflict Resolution Live Online Training.
Time 9am – 12pm
Feb 10th 2021
March 9th 2021
April 13th 2021
May 11th 2021